Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fun with Nana

My Mom (Nana) has been here to help me out for the past week and we have had such a nice visit. I think that she was a little disappointed that she wasn't as 'needed' as she was at Renee's house when Henry was born, but I had 2 weeks of recovery before she arrived! Regardless, she has been preparing dinner each night and is in the kitchen, as I write, making some extra meals for my freezer. How sweet!

Colden has had fun walking to the park with Nana and gives her a good workout going up the hills as he requires her to sing him songs. They came up with some special verses to Old McDonald while climbing one of the steepest hills in our neighborhood (which my siblings would tell you is a mountain, not a hill).
Blakely has had special time with Nana too! A few nights ago, he had a tough time going to sleep for the night and I was exhausted... so I headed to bed and Nana rocked him for 45 minutes til he finally slept.

2 comments:

Renee Westcott said...

Good thing you are getting some meals out of Nana...I was afraid I used up all her cooking patience!

Nancy D said...

Tears! I did not wake up Blake when I was leaving the car at the airport to give him a kiss and a squeeze goodbye. I was so sad later when I thought that he wouldn't be a 'little' baby next time I saw him. He certainly is a sweet little baby now. Hold him all you can Amy and Jeremy as he will grow up fast. Can't wait to see Colden play with his cousins this August when we all gather in Colorado. What a wonderful visit with I had in Seattle! Nana