Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blessed by Friends

Time sure does fly by when you have a new baby, not to mention another cutie! Colden, Blakely and I started off the week with a couple days to ourselves. Colden and I enjoyed doing our normal daily routine (after saying bye to daddy for the day) with Blakely as part of it. Colden was such a good big brother. We practiced our 'quiet voice' while I put Blakely to sleep and he picked out books for me to read to him (of course, my least favorites) while I fed Blakely.

I am so fortunate to have such wonderful friends who are also my close neighbors! Monday, Sara took Colden to the park with Gracie (his BFF) so that I could do some house cleaning. She also came and lifted him into his crib for nap time (which I am not allowed to do after a c-section). Gail did the same for Tuesday's nap time and then she came back after I got a short nap and held down the fort while I went grocery shopping without any kiddo's in tow. That was a treat! Poor Gail was disappointed that Blakely didn't wake up though ;)

We were also spoiled with some wonderful meals on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Three of the girls from my cooking club delivered fabulous dinners to us those nights. Not only was it so helpful during the first few days that I flew solo, but it was such a treat to have such a fun variety of home cooked meals! I also enjoyed the visits from each of my friends: Michelle, Jen and Aimee!

Thanks to all of my sweet friends who have helped us this week... we really appreciate you!

2 comments:

Jacquie Von Hohn said...

How awesome to have such great friends so close by!

Renee Westcott said...

The meals are such a treat! I wish I was your neighbor too!