Here is Cole sleeping in his pack n' play downstairs with a fan pointed on him.... doesn't look too comfy... but at least he had Skipit to snuggle with!
Cole and I did a lot of mall walking and a little shopping to stay cool. Jeremy met us after work one afternoon to play on the 'germ boat' at Bell Square. Oddly enough, Cole had a 24 hour bug and fever following that visit.
While at home during the early part of the day while the temperatures were bearable (85*), Cole didn't wear much ;) Even Allie is sprawled out on the floor trying to keep cool.

In a way, it was a fun adventure! At least we were able to get a hotel room for the hottest night of the year. We are also thankful that our house didn't heat up as badly as some friend's homes did (Cantando's hit 109* inside!) and that we don't live in the humid South. Now we are making up for it with a few overcast days that are unusually cool for this time of year... go figure!
On Thursday, we decided not to stick around to find out how hot our house really could get... so we checked into the Hilton close to home. We all slept well for the first time in 3 nights with the A/C blasting! Plus, Cole and I wore ourselves out in the pool that afternoon!
3 comments:
I heart my AC. The picture of Cole napping is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I had to call Dan over to see it too. There were several "awwws" expressed. The whole situation reminds me of the hurricane aftermath last year. One night without AC (in swamp like humidity) was enough for me and Lydia. I'm just glad you had fans for the days you did stick out the heat. You're a trooper. I'm making the most delish peanut butter cookies right now. Mmmm.
Haha...I was thinking the same thing! Totally reminded me of the hurricane last year, course I went 16 days with no power...it was no fun! I'm glad you were able to go get a hotel room and stay cool!
Thank goodness we have AC!! I am shocked your home does not have AC, but it's not like we need it very often in the Pacific Northwest. It is rare to get that kind of HOT weather. I am glad you went to a hotel to get some AC.
Post a Comment