Saturday, August 8, 2009

Blueberry Farm

I've been looking forward to blueberry season all summer! We packed up Jeremy's Volvo with 3 car seats and 3 adults (Laurel + Clara and Jamie + Luke joined us!), picnic lunches and headed to North Bend.

The blueberry farm is located at the base of Mount Si... gorgeous!
Picking the berries reminded me of the fun we used to have at the Amish farms picking as children. We usually got pony cart rides as a treat--they didn't have that here ;)

Colden preferred picking with me in Clara's backpack! Funny... Clara (who is one of the wiggliest 1 year old's that I've ever met) wanted to sit in Cole's stroller.

After picking enough berries for a pie, a batch of jam and some to enjoy this week, we ate lunch on my new picnic blanket (thanks Long Family)!

The best part about picking berries.... the blueberry buttermilk pancakes that we ate for breakfast this morning! YUM! Colden and Jeremy are two lucky boys!

3 comments:

The Long Family said...

So Yummy..I picked lots last week and froze 10 quart size freezer bags for the winter. Love the pic of the pancake!@

Renee Westcott said...

Mmmmm...I'd come over for pancakes!

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez said...

Next time were in Seattle we are calling you up for some blueberry pancakes. Looks wonderful!! Yummy.