Colden loves to 'talk' on the phone. If you call and expect him to talk back, forget it... but a phone with no one on it is quite conducive to a lot of complicated baby babble! The funny thing is that he likes to walk and talk... not sure where he learned that since I'm usually sitting when I chat. He has learned voice inflections from us. So, usually, he sounds like me when I'm talking to one of my sisters.
This week, his vocabulary has been exploding! It started with him finally verbalizing 'light' which he points to and says "this?" and I reply "light"... I am writing to both brag and make sure that I capture the memories of this fun time! Also new this week are 'turtle' and 'button'. 2 syllable words... impressive! Today, we added 'baby' and 'bible' to the list.

Along with his speech growth spurt has come some new trouble! Doors are no longer barriers... they are now fun to open and close!
He's also intrigued with light switches and of course all other buttons he can reach.
3 comments:
Time to hit Babies-R-Us for door opening prevention - before you know it if you don't, you will find him out on the street - that is scary!!!
Try to get him talking on video, I want to hear him! I thought he was looking pretty big in recent pictures, I guess big enough to get the door handles! That's fun, he can lock you out soon (good thing you have a garage code)!
Wow!! He is growing so fast!!
I love the picture of him looking up at the door knob through the glass, as to say "No problem, this will be easy to open".
They sure do love flashy things, buttons and pushing things dont they?
Post a Comment