Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cole's Christmas Hat

My gift to Cole for Christmas was a hat that I knitted for him. I didn't finish it on time because I ran into a snag and needed some help from my friend Gail who is teaching me to knit. She had to do a little 'surgery' to fix my mistake so that I could continue on. Well, I finished all but the trim and stitching it up over a week ago, and here it is...
It's made of a beautiful wool/cashmere blended yarn and I just love how it turned out... except that this little hat will only fit a newborn! I knit very tight (so I've learned) which made my hat turn out much much smaller than Gail's version! I'm now working on brown hat #2 for Cole, but wanted to show off my first real knitting project anyway because I'm quite proud of it. Whoever has the next winter baby will likely be getting this hat as a gift ;)

5 comments:

Andrew DeSutter said...

That's some fine handy-work Amy!
-Drew

Renee Westcott said...

Too funny...better knit faster so the next one fits!

The Guess Family said...

Super Cute! I am impressed. It was good to chat with you the other day....we will have to do it more often.
:)

The Long Family said...

I laughed out loud when I read this --- go figure their little bodies grow so fast - and you worked on it so hard. It is beautiful though!

Nancy D said...

Amy
I guess you really got a good dose of my genes! (Christina did also but the ones related to technical skills). Remember the beautiful cream colored cable sweater that I began to knt for your dad years ago shortly after we were married? It took so long to knit and each new baby was a reason to put the project on hold for another year. I made three sleves to get them the same size, and by the time I was ready to start the cable neck, he was at least 25lbs/ 1 size larger than the 'skinny' boy that I had begun the sweater for! I finally unraveled it and let you girls use the yarn for a craft and a yarn ball for the cat! Your hat is really cute.

Love MOM