Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cinderella's Visit

My Mom, Nana, came to visit one week after Cole's birth and stayed for 2 weeks. We had an absolutely wonderful time together! It was so fun to share some of my first moments of motherhood with her and I couldn't be more thankful for her company while Jeremy was traveling overseas.

I jokingly refer to her as Cinderella on this visit because she really did make the beds, do the dishes, clean the bathrooms, cook breakfast lunch and dinner, and the list goes on! She is also as beautiful and youthful as the fairytale Cinderella! One of my sweet friends even commented on how great she looks and wants to know her secret... my best guess at her secret is that if you keep thinking that you are 28 years old inside, you'll stay young and beautiful on the outside!

For those of you who read my sister's blog, you have seen all of the blackberry jam, pies and cobbler that Mom made with all of the wild berries that she picked. It was a messy kitchen for a few days, but well worth the wonderful jam that I've been enjoying on my english muffins!

We also had a lot of fun out shopping (Nordstrom sales spiked during her visit). One day, we were there for 5 hours straight... good thing for the cafe and mother's lounge so we never had to leave!

We also visited a few of the area markets (everyone should try the brick oven pizza at the Mercer Island Sunday Market), enjoyed a few visits to the coffee shop and walking in my neighborhood watching the warm sunny days turn into Autumn.

While, I was glad that the time passed quickly for Jeremy's return, I wish the two of us had more time together... we never finish everything on our list!
Thanks Mom, Colden and I loved our visit with you and look forward to the next time you come to stay with us. Maybe Paca will be able to come next time too!

2 comments:

Renee Westcott said...

That's really sweet! I can't wait to have another baby so my house can get a good cleaning from Cinderella too.

Nancy D said...

WOW! I have never been called Cinderella before! Maybe I should go back to Nordstrom's for a gown $$$! I enjoyed the cooking and cleaning and guess it was much appreciated since the compliments were over the top. What a wonderful time with the new Martin Family; Jeremy, Amy, and Colden. Nothing more special for a mother than to watch her own daughter fall in love with motherhood for the first time!! And for my own daughter to realize how much that she is loved by her Mom and Dad: just as much as Colden is loved by his! Thanks for the Treasures of Life that will never be forgotton! Mom (Nana)