Saturday, December 26, 2009

December Travel

Colden and I left JMart in Seattle for a few days while we visited some of my family. First stop was to see Renee & Dan's beautifully remodeled home in West Memorial. Colden and Lydia (just 5 months apart) were adorable playing together. Lydia better watch out next time we come to visit though, Colden may want to get her back for the pushing and kicking she did. Probably not though... he's so chill. Every time he fell, whether he tripped or was pushed, she thought it was hysterical. Like he was putting on some sort of clown comedy show for her. So silly! Cole did bring Lydia a nice cold just in time for Christmas... sorry about that! One of my favorite times watching them play was at Calico Corners... they only discovered the kids toys after 45 minutes of playing in the fabric racks. It was really cute.
The girls were spoiled by mom with dinner and tickets to the Sound of Music. It was a wonderful production and the best part of the night was the text from Dan saying that Colden was sound asleep... I really enjoyed our girls night out!

Then we celebrated Grandma's 80th birthday! It was a fun day and she was on top of the world! Steph (the history teacher) gave us all some fun facts to share about Grandma's 80 years and Grandma added in some of her memories of those years... pretty fun! She was especially blessed to see David (my cousin) and his family for the first time in many years.

3 comments:

Renee Westcott said...

Thanks so much visiting us! When I find my camera I'll give you a few more pics of the kiddos playing together. Sorry about Lydia pushing Cole and laughing about it. I'll try to teach her to be nicer. I miss you already.

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez said...

Sounds like you had a great trip :) Lydia and Cole are so cute together!! Kids are so fun to watch with each other. They sure do love to tease each other, dont they? I think they will be best buddies when they are older :) What a blessing to be so close with your family and share in the happy memories.

The Long Family said...

I am so glad you had a good trip! You both look so cute with your bellies showing...I wish I could have been with you all.