Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We are so thankful for many things, including you reading this... our family and friends! We are especially thankful for our second Thanksgiving with Colden and for the little one growing in my belly!

So sorry for the late Thanksgiving wishes to everyone! The day before Thanksgiving brought us terrible colds (actually, Colden got it over the weekend, then Jeremy and I caught it a few days later). So, we declined our invitations and stayed home. I still made a small turkey (9 lbs) and the must haves (yeast rolls, mashed potatoes & gravy, etc). There was just enough turkey for lunch, dinner and a double batch of Turkey Tetrazzini.

We ate at the island, no serving dishes, just straight from the various pots and pans... not even a butter dish! It was quite a site! No, that is not wine in our glasses... it was pomegranate juice. Thanks to Jeremy for cleaning, I couldn't have done any more.

We are finally feeling better today and managed to get out of the house for a little while... we trekked East to find some snow for Colden. We found plenty on the ground, but it was drizzling rain and Cole was sleeping in his car seat by that time... so we enjoyed the sights, but didn't get out to take any pictures!

Back in our neighborhood... where there is no sign of snow :)

6 comments:

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez said...

Great pics, I'm sure the snow is coming soon! Last year we got hit with a blizzard right around Christmas, it was great, except for driving in it!

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez said...

I love how "low-key" your Thanksgiving dinner was!! What a great way to celebrate with out going to all the trouble :)

We are hoping for snow also!! Love the picture of you and Cole walking together. So sweet :) - Tash

Renee Westcott said...

I'm glad you are feeling better now...what a stinky time to get sick. Maybe that's your big one for the season and you'll stay really healthy when you fly to me in a few weeks! Cole is adorable.

lynda said...

awww, glad you're feeling better! your thanksgiving sounds awesome. ;) i love cole's coat, it looks so toasty warm! :D

The Guess Family said...

Love that last picture of Cole!!! He is looking quite grown up! You are a trooper for cooking while sick!

Your comment on my blog about 5 grandparents really made us laugh. My step-mom is the 5th! I guess if there is anything good the that can come of divorce it is more grandparents!

Getting Cole's bib in the mail this week!

The Long Family said...

I want to kiss Colden every time I see him in a picture. I am really missing you tonight.