I know that I haven't blogged much lately. Colden and I are keeping busy each day and since we haven't had many pictures to post, I haven't kept you all up to date very well!
We are taking two Gymboree classes right now. On Mondays, we take a gym class where we play and learn concepts. On Wednesdays, we take a music class where we both play with instruments and learn songs that teach us signs, body parts, animals, etc. Since climbing is Colden's current favorite past time, we always play in the gym after music class! He can be a little shy during music, but he is absorbing it all and isn't shy to show me his new tricks when I sing the songs at home. For example, tonight he showed me how he can blink like we did in the frog song today.
We also have bible study every Tuesday and have been so blessed to stay healthy enough to go every week with only 1 exception this fall. He was probably fine to go that week, but I didn't want to be responsible for continuing to pass around 'hand foot and mouth disease' even though I'm sure that is exactly where he got it in the first place. Every week when I pick him up from the nursery, the girls tell me that he is the coolest baby ever. He just plays, eats lots of crackers and plays some more. It makes me feel good to know he is so happy even though this is the only day of the week that he doesn't get a morning nap! Bible study is my favorite class as I am learning so much... who knew that the fruit of the Spirit (Galations 5:22-23) could teach so much and we are just now finishing our lessons on Joy!
Thursdays and Fridays are left for play dates, lunch and coffee dates as well as shopping (which we have not had much time for lately!). So, for those of you who think that it would be boring to stay at home with a kiddo, trust me, its not boring at all!
I wish that I had a live video feed from our house so that you could all see Colden's new tricks. He isn't all that cooperative for the camera or you would see more. What a happy little guy and chatty. He copies everything that I say and do, to the extent that he can. And then 6:30 rolls around and Jeremy comes to the door... and then daddy is the center of Cole's attention until bedtime!
2 comments:
We cant wait to see you guys on Tuesday :) We also cant wait to see all Colden's new tricks and that adorable smile of his :) I agree that he is the "coolest baby" ever (at least every time we have been around him)!!
so good to hear what you are up to - you said it stay at home mommies are NOT bored at all!!! i miss you and cole - what fun all the boys would be having now- i think him and matthew would be best little buddies! too far apart we are - way too far.
Post a Comment