Monday, September 15, 2008

We're Back

Sorry that its been so long since we've blogged. Jeremy did such a great job keeping you updated on the first week of Cole's life and then he had to go back to work. Its amazing how the days fly by and I seem to accomplish very little besides feeding, changing, showering, eating and napping! So here's a recap on the last week...

The Martin's, Gigi and Papa, visited... this is their first grandchild! This picture of the 3 generations is one of my favorites!

No, Jeremy doesn't wear his Cowboys jersy all the time... it was game day!
We also had our first Doctor's appointments this week. Cole is in the 95 percentile for his length/height, which makes dad happy. The Matheson genes get all of the credit! Other than that, our Doctor reports a perfect baby... and his only patient named Colden!
Nana (Amy's Mom) arrived from Texas in time to avoid Hurricane Ike and enjoy perfect end-of-summer Northwest weather. She has been busy cooking and cleaning so that Cole and I can get naps each day. She has also been picking the wild blackberries which will soon be pies and jam.
The sad part of the week was saying goodbye to Jeremy as he headed off to Malaysia for the week and will head to Austria next.

Cole and I are very thankful for Nana to keep us company and make sure that we get out and have some
fun. Cole had his first trip to the Saturday market and his first of many shopping days at Bellevue Square. We loved having such a fashionable 'Hooter Hider' in the Nordstrom dressing room (thanks Aunt Renee!).


5 comments:

Renee Westcott said...

Whohoooo...I made the blog! I love the hooter hider. It's nice mom get to enjoy a new baby and beautiful weather while I protected her home from the storm. :-)

The Martin's said...

Nana thinks that Cole is the Best newborn ever! Of course I am not the one getting up in the middle of the night when his little tummy is empty. Actually, I do not even hear him cry during the night and I am in the next room! Nice thing about being a grandmother! What a joy.
Nancy

The Martin's said...

Yep, moms are still smarter than the kids! I knew when to plan my Seattle trip way back in March!! MOM

The Long Family said...

hey nee--do i get one of those for baby # 3 -- love the cute picture of cole and his grandpa and daddy - he is just so cute--mom you look great- miss you all so much - having fun housing hurricaine refugees here in new york

Nancy D said...

Looking forward to Renee and Lydia arriving to play with baby cousin Cole today. Maybe I can take Lydia on her first of many berry picking excursions!! Nancy