Monday, March 8, 2010

18 Months

Colden is now 18 months old! We are so enjoying this time with him as his personality is just bursting. He counts to 10 with little to no help when he doesn't have an audience. He will dance and shoot baskets for an audience though. He has been enjoying looking at pictures a lot lately and can name all of his cousins, aunts, uncles and of course, grandparents!

He continues to be a tall boy... 34.5 " at his last check-up puts him in the 95th percentile. He weighed in at 28 pounds (but am convinced he lost weight from being sick the week before).

Shooting hoops is his number one favorite activity. From the moment he wakes up, he starts talking about it... his most common phrases are "I shoot the ball" and "shoot the ball daddy" followed by "shoot the big basket" (pronounced: bakis). In the latter, he is referring to daddy's big ball that we only play with at the basketball court outside.

He continues to love his Gymboree Play classes and requests several of his favorite songs from the class at home and in the car. He will say the words to his favorite Gymbo dance throughout lunch, but doesn't quite sing yet. He loves to read his Thomas the Train book and bible stories. He also will "brush teeth" for at least 20 minutes if I let him.

At bedtime, we always read Goodnight Moon--which he can tell you most of the words to. We also sing songs and if I don't start with Jesus Loves Me, he will typically take his pacifier out and request "Jesus".

Colden Thomas,
You are such a precious boy and will always be my baby even after your new brother arrives. We love you so much!

4 comments:

Renee Westcott said...

So sweet. What a cute personality! Lydia requests "Jesus" too!

The Guess Family said...

Precious boy!!! He will always be your baby, you will love how your heart grows for 2 babies!!!

I have been thinking about you tons....mostly that I need to send your bib back, along with a thank-you for the pedicure. I am terrible at executing, but I promise my intentions are good!!!

Miss you all! PS...tell Jeremy that Tommy fixed the computer....Praise the Lord it works in any room now.

The Long Family said...

Miss Him - and you too! That little guy sure would love our basment right now...lots of basketball games go on down there nightly!!! Matthew asks about him all the time.

Nancy D said...

Cole - It is so good to see that you have your Paca's genes and can shoot hoops like a Hoosier! You are already better than your daddy!

Paca