Monday, January 11, 2010

SOOO Big!

That's how big Colden is!
Our little cutie is growing up so fast. Upon return home from Dallas, we've been busy practicing our ABC's and learning many new words. As of January 8th, he can both identify and say all of his letters. There are of course a few very cute anomalies... 'W' is most often "double d", 'X' is pronounced "eck" (just missing the 's' sound at the end) and as with many 5 year olds, 'G' and 'J' is sometimes confused. Otherwise, I can quiz him on any letter and he's got it down. Now we are working on the ABC song which is hands-down the most requested song in our house!
I'm pretty sure the 'Cowboys' will be the first word that he fully spells since it is written on several of daddy's shirts and he loves to spell all of the letters for us! He was also quite a good fan on Saturday night for the big Dallas Cowboys game... he loves "foofall" (not a misspelling... just typing it as he says it) and saying "Go Cowboys"!
One other favorite of ours is that he has learned to say "I love you" or often "love you". He even offers it up spontaneously to Jeremy and I sometimes. It sure makes it hard to imagine loving another little boy this much!

6 comments:

Kaitlin L. said...

So cute - I think you have a little genius on your hands!

Renee Westcott said...

Brilliant and cute. Winning combination! He looks even older than when I saw him last month. How will we be able to go so many months without seeing each other? Maybe I should fly out to you in Feb. Miss you like crazy.

Jacquie Von Hohn said...

Hey is getting big - what a little cutie!!

The Long Family said...

Wow - he is sure getting bigger. Not so much a baby anymore - he will even seem more grown up to you when baby "B" arrives..and YES YES YES you will love another just as much!

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez said...

OMG....He is not a baby anymore but more like a toddler.

I think he is going to be the next Peyton Manning. He is a Cowboy "foofall" player in training. He is so cute :) Go cowboys!! (Dont tell Serg I said that, but I cant root for "The Bears" this year, they stink)

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez said...

Tashia's funny, she doesn't get that Manning is the Colts qb, not the cowboys-point made though. The bears badly need a QB, cutler threw 27 interceptions this year. Keep working on the lil guy's arm Jeremy! I can just see Cole leading the bears to the SB as I watch in my rocking chair.