Friday, April 3, 2009

7 Months

I continue to be in awe of how quickly the months pass. I'm so blessed to be home with Colden so I don't miss any of it! There is no scheduled doctor's visit this month to check his weight and height, but he continues to grow big and strong. He is moving all over the place, but not quite up on his hands and knees yet. He loves to jump in his exersaucer and play 'plop' on pillows with Jeremy and I.

Allie, our cat, always brings a smile to his face. Surprisingly, she is quite sweet with him, letting him "pet" her. Petting her generally means grabbing her ears! She also plays a little game with him around the kitchen and he follows her in his walker.

This past month has been especially fun with lots of new things... eating, playing, sleeping. After his last cold, it took us a little while to get back to our good sleep schedule, but he is sleeping 11-12 hour each night with no feedings now and take two good naps every day.

He has really started talking a lot more as well. He definitely has his 'd' as in da da sound down... loves when I say "la, la, la" (watching my tongue intently) and also can make the 'm' sound, but usually reserves it for when he is hungry... coincidence?

He gets the best baby award just about everywhere we go... to clarify, other people say this (we just happen to agree) on airplanes and in restaurants, etc. He is just so sweet and smiley!

4 comments:

The Long Family said...

He is getting SO big - We love the "plop" game - that one will last for at least the next 18 months or so. Can't wait to see him in 2+ months!

Renee Westcott said...

I love you, Cole. Your smiles are so big and expressions so cute.

Lauren and Brian said...

I agree, best baby award. Make sure you bring him around to teach my baby how to behave!

Jacquie Von Hohn said...

He is sooo cute, I can't wait to meet him in person! We're coming to Seattle the last week in June - I hope we can see you guys! Any tips on what we should do while we're there?